Posted on Oct 27, 2012 in Tutorials
| 41 comments
So, you’ve updated to Windows 8? Well, if your a Quickbooks 2012 user, you will soon notice that creating PDF files in the new Windows 8 through Quickbooks 2012 doesn’t work.
Here’s a quick fix for that.
- Download and extract the Windows 7 XPS document writer printer drivers from here Microsoft XPS Document Writer
- Open up your Control Panel. (If you open the Windows Explorer, Click on computer, and then Computer at the top, Control Panel is under there)
- Open Devices and Printers.
- Delete the Microsoft XPS Document Writer
- Click Add a Printer.
- Choose Add a Local Printer.
- Select Create a New Port.
- Select Local Port. then click Next.
- In the Enter a Port Name field, type in XPS Port, then click OK.
- In the Manufacturer list, choose Microsoft.
- Select “Have disk”, and locate the inf file that your extracted earlier.
- Finish the Add new printer wizard.
Now your Quickbooks 2012 PDF file creation will work.